Sunday, April 20, 2014

Meet This Week's Guest Judge: Sonja Hardy

Hi, All! This week we have Sonja Hardy of Bobo and Peep Photography joining us. Her work illuminated the beauty of the small moments.  And as a mother of two, and photographer, she know's a lot about balance, the theme she has chosen for the week.




1. Tell us about yourself...
I live in the country and am a SAHM to two wildly independent, smart, creative and beautiful little girls. I grew up painting and drawing endlessly. Thought I would be an interior designer and ended up being a graphic designer, something I did for over 10 years after college. I love to talk, travel and am always baking something.



2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?
It started in college when we learned on film cameras and used the dark room. Then it got re-ignited when I had kids, cliché but true. I was documenting them with a point and shoot until I was gifted my first SLR a few years ago and now I am hooked permanently.




3. What's in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least?
I photograph with a Nikon D800 and the lens I use the most is my 35mm 1.4. I also have a 50mm 1.8 that I don't use much anymore and a 105mm 2.8 that I want to practice with more. 





4. What's your dream project or shoot?
Travelling the world and photographing my children in all the diverse settings we would surely find. 



5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?
How to get out of my own way so I can turn my photography into a profitable business.





6. If you had $500 to spend on photography...

How should you spend it?
Marketing and advertising.

How do you wish you could spend it?
On a photography course.

How would you really spend it?
Put it against the lenses I've already invested in.



7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey?
All that matters in the end is if your photographs makes you happy.



Thank you so much, Sonja, for sharing your time and talent with us!! 

This Maven's out! 

Have a wonderful week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts