Friday, March 11, 2016

Feature Friday with Daphne Laput Photography!

Dapne Laput Photography was the winner of last week's 'childhood dreams' challenge. Read on to hear about her upcoming workshop, and see more of her gorgeous work!



1. Please tell us about yourself...
I’m located in NY state where I live with my husband, two kids, and lots of extended family around! At this time I shoot almost exclusively for myself but have spent the last several months creating my workshop, The Modern Snapshot : Focusing on What Matters, which goes live March 21 through Beyond the Wanderlust!



2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?

Candid, atmospheric, attentive

I love capturing our everyday as it happens. I really try to hold onto what exactly the moment feels like as it happened in a single frame. I can’t separate myself from my work! I really see our day to day in frames – from the way the light hits, different perspectives, everything that can be translated into an image. 

 

3. What sparked your passion for photography?

I had a slight interest in high school but like so many others, the arrival of my son did! I started with a camera that had some manual options and it quickly snowballed.




4. What's in your camera bag right now?
Everything is set very haphazardly on a self in our bedroom out of reach of little hands and just shoved in the diaper bag when I need it! Up there is…

Canon 6d
Sigma 24mm f/1.8
Canon 35mm f/2.0
Canon 50mm f/1.4
Neweer Flash
Canon Remote Shutter
Prism




5. What is your dream shoot or project?
I am so enamored with birth photography and would love to be able to offer it to clients in the future.  



6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?
When I first started I definitely was under the impression that things have to be “right”. Light has to be even, no awkward limb chops, everything needs to be in focus, follow the rule of thirds, etc. That these were the necessary things to make a picture “good” and if one of those rules was broken, the picture was ruined.

Yeah, that isn’t true, at all, and my worth rarely follows the “rules” anymore.




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

Let yourself take in and realize what exactly you want to capture, not what you’re told you should care about.



Find more of Daphne's beautiful work here:

1 comment:

  1. daphne is one of most talented,creative photographers I know.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts