Friday, June 10, 2016

Feature Friday with 2B Seen Photography!

Angee is the face behind 2B Seen Photography, winner of last week's 'up ahead' challenge.  Read on to find out all about her style, her gear, and more!



1. Please tell us about yourself...

Hi! I'm Angee of 2B Seen Photography. I am a full time career wife and mom and photography is my side gig and passion. I live on a farm in Central Missouri with my husband and my 11-year-old son. We also have two dogs and a small herd of goats that we are hoping to expand at some point. My ideal future will include travel, photography, and reading. In that order. I never have enough time to do all of those things and I'm hoping to be able to do more of them. Someday...


2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?

Emotive: My goal with my images is for the viewer to feel something, no matter the emotion. Even if the audience is only myself. I feel something from every image that I share.  (whether I'm wearing Mom/Aunt/Friend goggles or not)
Moody: I feel like there is a moodiness to my images due to the fact that I am drawn to light and shadows, which translates so well to black and white. There is a timelessness and vintage feel to black and white imagery that draws me in. I'm also drawn to the darker moods of my subjects and strive to capture that even more than the smiles.
Creative: My tween son is my main subject and I think sometimes you have to get creative when you only have the one subject. The connections that I can capture are sometimes pretty limited. So I try to find connections in other ways. I like to capture his connection to the camera, our pets, and the land.


3. What sparked your passion for photography?

I fell in love with photography during my high school yearbook class a million years ago. It also sparked a passion for scrapbooking, which I have been doing now since 1997. To capture memories and save them is such an important part of my life. I've lost loved ones, as most of us have, and I feel the need to capture what is in front of me for my future self and my child.


4. What's in your camera bag right now?

My "every day" bag carries my Nikon D610, Sigma Art 35mm 1.4, the Lensbaby Composer Pro Edge 80, a lenspen, and an extra battery.


5. What is your dream shoot or project?

My dream shoot would be traveling anywhere with my family and to document it. When I was a kid we lived on Guam for a year and we have talked many times about going back to visit and take our children. I would love to capture that adventure. (with an underwater housing!!)


6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?

When I started to get serious about photography I honestly didn't realize that editing was a thing. I thought Photoshop was only for commercial use and had no idea that processing and editing all of your images was part of the process. I tried so hard to get various looks and in the end decided to keep it simple. I switched to Lightroom and got some favorite presets and I've been much happier since. I would much rather spend my time getting creative in camera than in editing.


7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

Be yourself, have fun, and do what makes YOU happy. Not the masses. Your voice will come through much stronger if you do that and you'll be happier with what you can create.



Find more of Angee's beautiful work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts