Friday, July 8, 2016

Feature Friday with Golden Heart Images by Charlaine!

Charlaine of Golden Heart Images by Charlaine is the winner of our 'into the wild' challenge.  Read on to discover more about her family, her style and what she has learned through her photography journey!



1. Please tell us about yourself...
I'm Charlaine, I live in North Pole, Alaska with my partner and two youngest children (I've already graduated two out into the wide world! yeah!). I very much enjoy summer and adventure.




2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?
I would describe my style as organic, rich, and relaxed. I like it when things just fall into place in a certain way and you see the photo happen before you even take it.



3. What sparked your passion for photography?
I have always loved photography, from my first little 110 with the cube flash bulbs, but when Flickr first started is when my real passion began.  I found all these wonderful, friendly, extremely talented people all in one place and couldn't stop learning and watching and asking questions. Flickr definitely changed the path of my life in a very creative way.



4. What's in your camera bag right now?
My camera bag right now always has my Nikon D3s, usually with my latest favorite lens, the Tamron 35mm f1.8, on it, my Nikon 50mm f1.4, and my Nikon 85mm 1.4, plus my Sunpak flash just in case. I'm kind of stuck on prime lenses, my favorite saying is you zoom with your legs!



5. What is your dream shoot or project?
My dream shoot would be to travel from Alaska through Canada, over to the East Coast, back around to the West Coast and back up North doing environmental portraiture along the way. A shoot or two in a similar location in each stop. An "Indivisible Americans" type theme. Bring people together when it seems like everyone is moving farther and farther apart.



6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?
I think the thing that has really changed in my photography journey is my trust in my own vision and my ability to take and apply constructive criticism, and knowing when to do each. It is so very true that you must learn the rules to know when and why you want to break them.




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?
I would tell new photographers to keep plugging along, never look back and judge your old work with your new eyes, and shoot what they love. I was lucky enough to be surrounded by the very best of people who all encouraged and helped me along my own journey, I try to pass that along to others when I can!



Find more of Charlaine's beautiful work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts