Friday, October 21, 2016

Feature Friday with Twyla Jones Photography!

Twyla of Twyla Jones Photography was the winner of our 'cinematic' challenge recently, and she has graciously shared a peek into her camera bag and more!  Read on to find out her,  and her advice to new photographers!



1. Please tell us about yourself…

Hey! I recently moved to Florida from Kansas with my adventurous finance and our two curious toddlers. We enjoy exploring and enjoying beautiful places all around us. I love using photography to capture the way these moments feel to me. I enjoy studying light and exploring the different ways I can use it to express emotion in my work.




2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?

Emotive, mysterious, cinematic. I feel I hear these words the most and I feel really pleased when I’m able to create something that embodies these them.



3. What sparked your passion for photography?

My desire to make photographs that conveyed how the subjects felt more than just that they existed.




4. What's in your camera bag right now?

Nikon D750, Sigma Art 35, Holdfast wrist strap, House of Flynn travel wallet….cannot live without






5. What is your dream shoot or project?

Ohhh….I feel pretty fortunate to be doing this all of the time!  I love photographing people that see the world though the same carefree and adventurous ways I do….Florida provides the perfect gorgeous landscape for this and some pretty spectacular light. I love photographing on stormy days and I get to experience this almost every afternoon now!  I also really love traveling, connecting with artists and experiencing new landscapes and have lots more of this planned for the next year.




6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?

I have always been interested in photography but definitely always felt like it was beyond my capabilities. I believed I needed lots of formal schooling, equipment I could never afford and perfect models to work with.  One day something just stirred inside me and I just decided to jump in and take it all on at once. That was about 2 1/2 years ago and I never would have dreamed I would be capturing the moments I’m lucky enough to see every day.




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

Never stop educating yourself and try something new every day!  Don’t try so hard to find your ‘style’ just shoot from the heart.  Shoot the way the moments make you feel. All human interaction is beautiful so just slow down and take it all in. Let your real life beautiful moments inspire your client sessions and you will become so much more fulfilled with your work!



Find more of Twyla's gorgeous work here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts