Thursday, October 6, 2016

Meet This Week's Judge: Chloe Rosser!



This week, Chloe of Organic Bliss Photography challenges you to find the cinematic moments in your life. She's shared a bit about her own work and inpsiration below - enjoy!

 

1. Tell us about yourself...
I'm a mother to a sweet little boy, wife to my high school sweetheart and love of pretty light and nature. I started shooting almost 3 years ago now and really had no idea how hard I would fall for this craft, it's simply my way of living and I wouldn't have it any other way. My idea of a good time is going on a nature hike with my little family with a coffee in hand. My work is 100% emotion driven with a whimsical feel. I love children and families and all of the emotions that come with family work, each family has a different story to tell which is why I think I'm so drawn to photographing families. I'm excited to see where this journey takes me! 


2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?
Like many photographers, I discovered my love for photography after I had my son. I specifically remember the day I took a photo of him on my Canon Rebel and thought to myself "I wonder how I could make this image better" and from there I started researching photography tutorials and everything took off from there. What fuels my fire now? Light, Emotion, imperfection and the thrill of creating a "new" favorite image. I can be quite introverted and photography has become a great outlet for me to express myself and share how I view the world.


3. What’s in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least?
I shoot with a Canon 5d mark iii and a Canon 50mm 1.4 and Canon 28mm 1.8. I use them both equally, although I have been eyeing the 85 1.4 ...and the 24 and 35 haha! I really just want all of the lenses (who doesn't?) but it will take time to invest in all of them. *one day*


4. What’s your dream project or shoot?
Honestly, I would love to shoot my family, as crazy as that sounds. I come from a big family with several siblings and we are all really close, I would love it if they would come on a nature hike with me and let me just photograph them as they are. I've suggested it a few times and it still hasn't happened haha! They mean the world to me and I'm dying to get them all in front of my lens.


5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?
I can be hard on myself and knit pick my work, I'm getting better at not doing that though!


6. If you had $500 to spend on photography... How should you spend it? Getting my camera a lenses cleaned How do you wish you could spend it? I would love to buy a new lens! How would you really spend it? ...I would probably buy that new lens!


7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey? Chill out, this is a journey not a race.


Chloe Rosser, Organic Bliss Photography














No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts